OKS SAPA associates Slovak audiovisual works producers (film producers) or rights administrators, i.e. copyright owners or administrators of almost 90% of all movies produced in Slovakia in particular for distribution in cinemas from 1921 until today. SAPA members own or manage copyrights of more than 8,000 Slovak audiovisual works.
Fundamental objectives of OKS SAPA are as follows:
- protection of Slovak and foreign producers and their rights in Slovakia based on the licence for performance of collective rights management,
- cooperation with European organisations and institutions, such as AGICOA, CEPI.TV, EUROCOPYA, EPAA, FIAPF, Le Club des Producteurs Européens and other organisations from all over the world with the same or relative objectives.
OKS SAPA carries out its mission and objectives predominantly by:
- performing collective rights management for producers of audiovisual works and recordings in the territory of the Slovak Republic pursuant to the applicable copyright regulations and international treaties,
- selecting, managing and distributing remunerations for producers of audiovisual works and recordings, which pertain to them pursuant to the applicable copyright regulations and contracts,
- providing protection to producers of audiovisual works and recordings pursuant to the agency agreements concluded with SAPA in accordance with the Civil Code,
- concluding contracts the subject of which is the use of audiovisual works and recordings in the territory of the Slovak Republic,
- ensuring protection of entrusted rights abroad by concluding contracts on mutual rights protection for producers of audiovisual works and recordings with similar protective companies,
- providing SAPA members with consultancy referring to protection of their rights, which are relative to the author's rights in terms of the Copyright Act,
- submitting proposals for solution or measures in the area of rights protection for producers of audiovisual works and recordings to the Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic and other authorities and institutions, arising out of the Copyright Act and international treaties, which the Slovak Republic ratified or to which it acceded in the area of rights protection for producers of audiovisual works and recordings,
- in the interest of carrying out its mission, cooperating with organisations of collective rights management for authors and performing artists, professional organisations and associations of artists in audiovisual area, scientific and professional institutes, universities and other educational institutions, as well as professional workers in the area of copyright.